|Death Becomes Her|
|Season 1, Episode 8|
|First Aired||July 29, 2014|
"What to Expect When You're Expecting Chemo"
When a friend and fellow member of her support group faces a worsening prognosis, April begins to think more about death and her own mortality. She blows off a nightmare assignment to play hooky from work with Beth and other members of the support group and learns something surprisingly endearing about Leo.
Meanwhile, Brenna travels to Miami on a school trip and uses the opportunity to meet Natalie with Greer’s help.
- Italia Ricci as April Carver
- Mary Page Keller as Sara Carver
- Richard Brancatisano as Dominic Russo
- Haley Ramm as Brenna Carver
- Aisha Dee as Beth Kingston
- Rebecca Schull as Emma
- Gracie Dzienny as Greer Danville
- Andy Mientus as Jackson
- Scott Michael Foster as Leo Hendrie
- Steven Weber as George Carver
- Jessica Meraz as Natalie Ortiz
- Merrin Dungey as Dr. Susan Hamburg
- Shi Ne Nelson as Raquel Avila
- Abhi Sinha as Danny
- Doug Simpson as Mr. Ostrowsky
- Alyica Grant as Meg
- Bridgett Newton as Carrie Rosen
- Hillary Olinger as Liz
- Nathan Mohebbi as Adam
- Bryna Weiss as Gertie
- Reatha Grey as Dottie
- It was noted by one of the executive producers that Greer will have a secret that was very briefly touched upon in this episode.
- The Miami scenes weren't actually filmed in Miami, they were filmed in Long Beach.
- More of You (Heartbeat) by This, The SIlent War - Played when Brenna and Greer discuss their trip to Florida.
- Before I Go by Jules Larson - Played when April and Beth are talking about whether April should tell Dominic.
- Come Inside by Lipshock - Played when April and Beth meet Leo at the velvet longue.
- Rollarcoaster by Eurphoria - Meg talks about how Leo has helped everyone in the group do what they've dreamed about.
- Move by William Fuller - Played when Brenna and Greer dance with Natalie and her friends.
- Never Let It Go by Repartee - Played when Sara and George run into one of Geroge's ex-girlfriends.
- Save Me by Jeremy Silver - Played when Sara tells George she never blamed him for the accident.
"April: How is that possible? Leo: Look around you.. you're in a cancer support group. People don't always stick around. Sometimes we die."
"Sara: Don't forget you have to be at the hospital by 3:00 - to get your cheek swabbed. April: Hey, thanks for doing that. Brenna: Yeah, of course... I'll swab my cheek for you anytime, girl."