|Season 1, Episode 2|
|First Aired||June 17, 2014|
|Writer(s)||Susanna Fogel & Joni Lefkowitz|
"Blood Cancer Sex Carrots"
April hides the news of her cancer and prospective treatment as she works on a profile piece about a gubernatorial candidate; Sara learns the truth about Brenna's "extracurricular" activities.
- Italia Ricci as April Carver
- Mary Page Keller as Sara Carver
- Richard Brancatisano as Dominic Russo
- Haley Ramm as Brenna Carver
- Aisha Dee as Beth Kingston
- Steven Weber as George Carver
- Vondie Curtis-Hall as Lawrence
- Rebecca Schull as Emma
- Scott Michael Foster as Leo Hendrie
- Shi Ne Nielson as Raquel Avila
- Abhi Shina as Danny Gupta
- Augusto Aguilera as Kieran
- Jessica Meraz as Natalie Ortiz
- Rob Kerkovich as Graham
- Gwen Holloway as Julie
- Jake Picking as Sean
- Dylan Gelula as Ford
- Justin D'Abbraccio as Tyler
- This episode is the introduction of Kieran and Ford.
- On the Other Side by Peter Bradley Adams - Played when April chases Natalie in the graveyard.
- End of the Romance by Daniel Ahern - Played when April went to the hospital and walked through the cancer ward.
- Get Out Tonight by TCV - Played when April and Dominic kiss in the elevator and Dominic insists they have dinner that night.
- Let Me Be by Javier Dunn - Played when Brenna goes to get her phone from Kieran
- Here's the Thing by Javier Dunn - Played when April and Dominc walk into his apartment.
- Dark Matter by Andrew Belle - Played when April and Dominic have dinner and talk.
- Think You're Pretty by Sacco- Played when April and Brenna talk about the lousy weeks they've been having.
- This Is Ours by Lesands - Played when Brenna and Ford go to Kieran's Art Opening.
- Break My Heart by DA & The Jones - Played when Brenna goes to leave the art opening because she sees Sean and Tyler from the party.
- Spirited Away by Lily and Madeleine - Played when Brenna told her mom she got a job at a art gallery though it's really a tattoo parlour.
- Kerisene by Sacco - Played when April was at work and wouldn't tell Danny what she was doing and when Brenna and her mom talk.